In recent years, we have experienced monumental shifts -- fueled by technological advances, economic impacts, and demographic changes -- that have revolutionized our daily lives. We are also witnessing a groundswell of unprecedented citizen involvement.
As society evolves, so too does volunteerism. How will today’s societal shifts influence the needs and desires of your volunteer supporters? What can you do to address these needs both now and into the future? Join us as we explore thought-provoking cultural trends and scientific research that will transform our practice. In this workshop, you’ll engage in “big hat” thinking and leave with pragmatic tactics that could make your program stronger and better.
You will learn …
- Shifts in technology and management that are affecting how we attract, engage, & support volunteers
- Tactical solutions to integrate into strategic program planning & delivery
Workshop: Program Evaluation from the Inside Out: How to Conduct a DIY Volunteer Program Audit
DIY Audits are a simple way to evaluate where you are and to create an action plan for where you want to go. By reviewing your program, you’ll have the opportunity to identify your greatest challenges, diagnose root causes, and form a plan to address those that may have the greatest impact on your success.
While obstacles are a part of everyday life, a DIY Audit can also help you identify what is going right so that you can “double down” on those approaches. This will also help you share best practices within and outside your agency to expand the quality of services offered by everyone.
Finally, by involving volunteers in the process, you not only will set the stage for generating a true picture of the volunteer experience, you also offer a path for greater leadership and by-in for future change.
The workshop presenter has conducted numerous program evaluations for consulting clients and will share her best practices. Participants will also receive a toolkit with all of the resources needed to conduct their own DIY Audit.
You will learn …
- How to use the DIY Audit tool provided with this course
- How to set up a volunteer-led team to lead the review process
- How to use surveys & focus groups to gather actionable information
- How to capture best & promising practices where you can “double-down”
- How to report audit results to generate greater internal support